Monday, September 6, 2010

::into shape, out of sadness::

As we make the change from summer to fall, I am quickly approaching my first 10 lbs lost. I still have a ways to go before I reach my goal weight, but it feels amazing to see results. I am now able to walk/jog a mile around our pond five days a week. When I first started, I could barely do 1/4 mile without feeling terrible. Within the next few weeks I hope to be able to jog the entire mile without stopping. I have started taking Penny with me for the first lap. She really loves it, but I have to take her back to the apartment after a while. She gets tired and has a difficult time keeping up. I have started to see a slight difference in the way my clothes fit. I am so excited to buy new clothes after I reach my goal weight!! Apart from my weight, I feel amazing. I haven't been this profoundly happy since my childhood. Getting into shape has really been an huge mood lifter. It has been so much more effective than any antidepressant I have ever taken. It's like I woke up and flipped a switch one day. Something happened inside me. I cant explain it but I have more motivation, more drive and more love for life than ever before.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so happy for you! Congrats on having the motivation to get into shape. Now if only I could find my motivation.

    ReplyDelete