Thursday, August 19, 2010

::nothing is permanent::

This school year marks a big turning point in my life. My last year of college before I am out in the real world, starting my career. Looking back, sometimes I don't know how I managed to get here. It was such a long and difficult road and I wouldn't have made it if it weren't for an amazing support system of friends and family. That being said, I truly feel like I have reached a new and exciting place in my life. I am determined to make this the best, most healthy year of my life thus far. I said goodbye to 6.6 lbs and I feel so much better already. I cant remember the last time I felt this motivated to accomplish anything. Depression has ruled my entire adult life and I am ready to conquer this debilitating condition. It will always be a kind of shadow, lurking around the corner, but now I am better equipped to fight back. There will be weak moments, but nothing is permanent. I am ready to soak up all the wonderful things this life has to give me!

4 comments:

  1. Jess!!! I love this! I am so proud of you and am excited to see you accomplish your goals! I love you so much and am glad you have a blog now!-Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the Jessica Manifesto! Love it and love you! Go get 'em tiger! -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy, you have no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are looking towards the positive things in life. We all have dark moments that can bring us down, but it is the strength our character that pushes us forward toward the light. Hope to hear more of you thoughts.

    ReplyDelete