Thursday, August 19, 2010

::too much walking shoes worn thin::

So tonight I got some new exercise/jogging shoes at Walmart. I went for a jog this evening and realized how worn out mine are. The new ones aren't really anything special but they seem to be pretty comfy and supportive. Although I was tempted to grab the Jonas Brothers tennis shoes with the backwards treble clef printed on the side, these were on clearance for $15. Maybe next paycheck. :-/ The jog was short, but felt good. I don't want to push myself too hard in the beginning. I have always hated running in the past because I didn't pace myself. I would push so hard that I would make myself sick. Dumb. If I take it easy and listen to my body, I think I can reassociate jogging with positive feelings. Good vibes are kind of the theme this week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hate running, but when I was in college I actually made it once around the track without stopping to walk. It was a great achievement for me then. Of course now I can barely make it around the church parking lot without having problems. It is awesome that you have been motivated into healthy habits. I really need to find my motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya. I dont know exactly what happened. Something just clicked inside me. I finally reached a breaking point where I was sick of being fat and feeling like crap. lol But the more information I learned about health and fitness, the more excited I got. Knowledge is power.

    ReplyDelete